Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Iphone

Submission + - Malicious Websites Can Initiate iPhone Calls (sans.org)

An anonymous reader writes: In this article, security researcher Nitesh Dhanjani shows how iOS insecurely launches 3rd party apps via registered URL handlers. Malicious websites can abuse this to launch arbitrary applications, such as getting the Skype.app to make arbitrary phone calls without asking the user. Dhanjani lists what developers of iOS apps can do to design their software securely and what Apple can do to help out. Great read!
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Malicious Websites Can Initiate iPhone Calls

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...